Friday, July 9, 2010

A conversation

Hi everybody. I`m so sorry, because unfortunately I couldn't update my blog for a long time. I hope I can do this more. All right in this part I provide a conversation. In this conversation I use 63 idioms which was so useful for me. I hope this part be useful for you too.

Waiter: Hi Sir. May I help you?


John: No Thanks. I am waiting for my old friend.

Waiter: In my book he is cooling your heels.

John: No No, He is the salt of the earth. It`s in my bag he`ll come too soon.

Waiter: But I thought you have butterfly in your stomach.

John: Of course I`m as cool as cucumber but I`m a little nervous.

W: Please don`t have a bone to pick with me. If you need sth call me.

J: ok …………………………………..

J: Hey Michel. How are you? Michel: Hey John. I`m fine. How about you. ok?

J: I`m fine. Thanks. Knock on wood. You look like a million bucks Mice.

Michel: Thank you. I miss you John. It`s too long which I don`t see you. Tell me, What are you doing? Is everything ok?

J: Yea, it`s not bad. How about you? Do you get married?

M: Yes, It`s about a year.

J: Congratulations. Do you remember Mice, We were as like as two peas in a pod.

M: Yes it was great time. Ok. Don`t beat about the bush tell me do you get married? J: Not yet.

M: Why? You are no spring chicken.

J: No it`s not too late. By the way what do you do? Talk shop.

M: Well after graduating from university I got the ball rolling and looked for a suitable job. Finally I could find a job in a company. At the right off the bat I worked as an accountant there. The chairman of the company really scratched my back and didn`t pay lip service. He helped me to improve. I don`t want blow my own horn. I relay made a splash and accomplished all works perfectly. And I am the general manager of the company.

J: You`re feather in my cap Mice.

W: Sorry for interruption, sirs. Do you need sth?

J: I think this weather an ice cream hits the spot. Please an ice cream.

M: Yes of course. John hit the nail on the head. An ice cream please.

W: Yes sirs. M: All right John. You didn`t tell me about yourself. May be you have skeleton in the closet?

J: No no. M: I`m kidding. Actually what are you doing?

J: well I`m in the dog house now. M : What? W: Your ice creams sirs.

John: After graduating from university I worked in an office as a simple employee. I was too young and I was on my horses. It was not too bad, but I just made ends meet. After a short time I couldn`t hang in there. A day when my boss interpellated me I jumped down his throat and cross sword with him. So I got fired.

M: It means you`re unemployed now?

J: After getting the axe I felt under weather. A friend of mine that knew the ropes about illegally treatment, suggested me to import goods illegally. M: What do you did John?

J: Please don`t look dagger at me Mice, I had no way. M: What did you import?

J: Everything such as clothes. It was good and I could pass the hat. My friend snow job and told me about greater business and greater profit. So I got a loan from the bank. I gave him all my money.

M: And he hit blow the belt and you went into a nosedive.

J: It was too big for my boots and I kept my eyes on the ball. So I laid an egg. In addition I don`t have leg to stand on against my friend.

M: Do you know anything about your friend?

J: I heard over the grapevine that he escaped from the country. I`m in the hole and at sixes and sevens.

M: Ok, play cool and get it out of your system. I`ll get you off the hook.

J: No one can save my neck Mice. Today money talks and I don`t have any.

M: Keep your shirt on John. I have a suggestion for you.

J: No string attached.

M: No John. At the first test the water. I think you can work in our company of course as a simple employee. But you should not have cold feet.

J: Really. Cross my heart. Rain or shine. I promise I`ll go to town. When can I start?

M: Hold your horses. I must put heads together with my co-workers. Keep your ear to the ground. I`ll keep you posted.

J: Oh thank you very much. You are really a good friend.

M: Thank you john. I have to go. I`ll give you a buzz.

J: ok. I had a great time with you Mice. This is my number.

M: Me too John. Hey waiter, please the bill.

W: Yes sir. Here you are. M: Thank you.

J: Hey Mice it`s on the house. M: Thanks. Nice too meet you John.

J: Nice too meet you too.

M: Goodbye. J: Bye Bye.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, dear mehran
    I read an interesting subject in a magazine, I send it for you, if you like it save it in your weblog
    If you are like most people, you may think intelligence changes from season to season. You are probably sharper in the spring than you are at any other time of the yea .A scientist, Ellsworth Huntington (1876-1947), could understand from research about people in different climates that climate and temperature have a definite effect on our mental abilities.
    He found that cool weather is better for creative thinking than summer heat .this does not mean that all people are less intelligent in the summer than they are during the rest of the year . However, it means that the mental abilities of most people are lower in the summer.
    So, spring is the best period of the year for thinking. One reason may be that in the spring people’s mental abilities are effected by the same factors that bring about great changes in all nature. Fall is the next best season, then winter. As for summer, it seems to be a good time for them to take a long vacation from thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, dear mehran
    I read an interesting subject in a magazine, I send it for you, if you like it save it in your weblog,If you are like most people, you may think intelligence changes from season to season. You are probably sharper in the spring than you are at any other time of the yea .A scientist, Ellsworth Huntington (1876-1947), could understand from research about people in different climates that climate and temperature have a definite effect on our mental abilities.He found that cool weather is better for creative thinking than summer heat .this does not mean that all people are less intelligent in the summer than they are during the rest of the year . However, it means that the mental abilities of most people are lower in the summer.So, spring is the best period of the year for thinking. One reason may be that in the spring people’s mental abilities are effected by the same factors that bring about great changes in all nature. Fall is the next best season, then winter. As for summer, it seems to be a good time for them to take a long vacation from thinking!

    BYE

    ReplyDelete